Wednesday, June 7, 2006

Milena Velba Pump Images



Today marks one year of my arrival in Brussels. The first time I came, on April 21, 2005, was to visit but soon returned. In the beginning was also seen, only three months to spend the summer with Mary and learn some French. But a month later I decided to stay until further notice. Mary and I spent two months looking for a house to ourselves at that time and even shared an apartment with Tina and did not plan to stay in that position for one year. After much searching, we moved on 1 September.

At that time I also found another thing I'm looking back now. Work. I was a few months Echoes in the magazine but then the "bargain" is out and I had to point to unemployment, not a strike and that incurs black magazine with all its disadvantages. And so I, stuck at home looking for work through my web friends: EuroBrussels , Brusselsjobs , xPats , CategoryNet , JobsAbroad , Eurojobs consultants and others more sporadically.

The general balance of the year has been pretty good. Mary and I each day we are more comfortable. I met many people and I defend myself a little French, but I still have much to learn and practice. The only thing I need is a job. I've done a few interviews (some that I have mentioned on this blog and others not) but for now has not left any gigs. At least I have served to practice the art of being interviewed for a job and climb a little morale of the unemployed, always a little low. If work is bad, finding a job is worse.

0 comments:

Post a Comment