I'm alive! Already
A lot has happened since my last post but I will not say that this is why you have not written. The main cause was the heat. As I came news of rain and cold in some parts of Spain, in Brussels (the land of rain) fell not a drop. The heat was (and still is) overwhelming. The other day I saw a thermometer marked 42 º. We had to remove the quilt, of course.
The last weekend we take either the slang going to a free concert (the Flagestival) in Flagey Square (where not). We discovered a very Interestingly called Jazz Camerata , QUS I highly recommend it. There was also petanque, which here takes a lot, despite having the urge to play I went without it. The truth is that when I go to Brussels I miss all the concerts, markets and fairs are organized here every week, especially when it's sunny day. It is seen that is not very common as sunlight, when you see the advantage of great entertainment.
The beginning of this week was a little more ... delicate. Mary had some months with a kind of grain headless armpit. The thing rose and fell, but this weekend had been pretty huge and it showed a kind ball that was entering the confines sobaquiles. After a sleepless night, Mary went to the doctor last Monday. I picked up before going to the emergency room (she had gone to work but her boss sent her to hospital when he saw his "problem") and after waiting a while we attended and confirmed what we thought: it was an abscess (Mary and had one). The emergency team who attended to us was the most colorful. I think everyone was Belgian by birth, but the nurse was of Moroccan descent, the doctor was black and oriental medical practice. And we apañoles . A great example of multiculturalism in one room. After
remove the pus from the armpit of Mary and fill the gap with a strip of 30 cm Betadine gauze and left us free. Luckily the hospital is next door and we had happened to leave the car parked outside and walk. Mary could not hardly walk like that after leaving home, I just went to the pharmacy to get something for pain stronger than what we had been given. She became impatient and went in search of me. He had not eaten anything all day and also had put two dafalganes so he became dizzy and when I left the pharmacy I found waiting on the sidewalk in front of the house. The day was no deviation without further delay and in the evening even we will have a stroll, but without emotion, since Mary had to go cowgirl position to avoid injury to the wound.
Today we returned to the emergency room for him to change the band and was far less traumatic, without using scalpels. After Mary left home and went shopping. With that that my girl has to take antibiotics accompanied by food twice a day, we will start regular lunch and dinner. Today's menu was simple: fried eggs. For those who do not know what it is:
Potato Fries. Fries
eggs.
The whole mixtures.
presto!
seemed easy but we had several problems. The first was that we have no freezer and the bag of frozen chips was smaller than 650 grams. So we had to do more than half a kilo of potato chips. I do not fit into the pan / fryer so I decided to make two batches. Big mistake: I should have done three (or four). The oil started coming out of the pot and I remembered a story my parents told me so ago of 15 or 20 years, as some of his friends had been burned with a fondue . Not that sputtered a bit (also) but that plan went out in Niagara Falls. To improve the situation, lisiadita overhead. After sending her to a corner I summoned up courage and took the pot, thinking of the granite I was going to leave all chiporroteos in the hand and arm. Do not know how but I gave none. But the troubles did not end there as the oil caught fire on the electric stove. Thanks to any view in the last movie I knew what to do: I grabbed a rag and threw it over. When the fire disappeared only thought is whether we would be looking at the neighbor.
the end, after cleaning the hob, cookers, oven and oil the ground, I did the potatoes in two batches, but in a larger pan. What bothers me most is that when buying potatoes saw other side, also from McCain, which were made in the oven. What life is.
0 comments:
Post a Comment