Sunday, September 10, 2006

How To Write A Welcome Wedding Party

sounds, smells and views

happened yesterday in front of our house a fire engine with its siren blaring at a volume krakatoano. Looking out the window we see that the street was empty. Not a car or a pedestrian, or even an animal passing by. That if the windows were filled with neighbors who wondered at such an uproar coming. As the truck stopped a couple of apples and other firefighters were arriving nearby arteries, curiosity I could and got to see what happened, taking advantage of having to go through the store to buy snuff.

While we waited I could see a fire truck had extended its ladder and joined the curious wanting to see a good recovery and even a few llamas. But when I a decent distance I saw that there was nothing to see. They were coming down the stairs, without any rescued on board, and nobody seemed to know what had happened. In the air was a pleasant smell of barbecue smoke instead of the expected wood and concrete.

Disappointed, I went home and checked the stairs that smelled so good there. 11 days ago moved downstairs some Arab (Algerian, I would say, but I have not asked) that have a habit of leaving their shoes at the door. Mary and I are convinced that our house is not finished by this fact materialize because the smell makes you want to run away. The previous tenants were a Filipino, whose dwelling emanated a pleasant smell of peanut sauce that accompanied us to our door on the thirteenth floor. That if it was a good reception!

So far this month, we received several visits from prospective tenants. Almost all continents have been represented. Have been mostly Italian (always girls), but have also gone through our floor a Congolese, a German family, an Eastern (Vietnamese, I think), two mothers and two daughters (as stated in the riddle) Algerian, a Peruvian / Polish with his European girlfriend indefinitely, some Belgians and a number of countries Erasmus unknown. There was a Belgian couple who wanted to stay and gave them the number of Mohammed, the landlord, welcoming how easy it was to get rid of the floor (it was the latter who visited). Moja unfortunately did not like. Let's see if we are lucky this week ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment