Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Hollywood Breasts Indian



Ah! Prejudices .... That bad reputation has, rightly, of course. Since we warn against them and as we strive to avoid them. And obviously failing.
No one is free from bias, though I try, and this weakness always plays tricks. In my case, as I have said many times in this blog, my great prejudice is against UFO-esoteric world. It is to see the bug and get the nerves, rot, disease and goats.
Everything is explained and, as in so many things the explanation lies in childhood. As I also mentioned more than once, I grew up my compulsive reading phase of such booklets, especially those in the UFO subject, very popular in my youth. Little by little I was aware of hoax representing those books and left to read. I remember the change took place on the border between the college and high school (13-14 years) and caused an infamous tome speculated that Stonehenge was a secret UFO base. Bearing in mind that I knew that something about the prehistory, such was the explosive calving end of my relationship with the Bears Jiménez, JJ Benitez and company.
Of course, I felt pretty angry, so pissed that I still tough. Why? Why nobody likes to be fooled, ripped off or scammed, and what I think is outrageous that this be done with a child, the world's most gullible creatures. In fact, the concept fool a child has a tremendous notoriety, today's rogues would not hesitate to raise his pension to a little old lady would be unable to play the innocent credulity of a youngster of 6 years old.
And UFO-esoteric writers engaged in this, to deceive tender infants. It's funny, but children learn very quickly the difference between fiction and reality. I can not say but that distinction ages learn do it in a very early period of his life. I've seen it with my nephews who are in full swing, and watch them allowed me to recall some processes of my own childhood. At some point, one learns to distinguish between Spiderman and Newton, among the laws of gravity and Middle Earth. We know that the adventures of Star Wars are real in our imagination but not in reality and we know that the intricacies of the theory of relativity are as real in our minds and the world beyond our brains.
However, as children we are still naive and we know that deception is there, waiting to bite as unwary. What terrible UFO-esoteric books is not presented as fiction but as fact. Now, as adults, we know that's part of his deception but, as children, find it hard to differentiate this level of infamy. If not a novel (and not presented as such) is real, authentic, real.
When I discovered that I was kidding my anger was monumental and even today, still, dull and semi-forgotten, but it's there, present, dormant, but present.
And sometimes that will prejudice the plays. In my childhood days one of the most notorious UFO cases in our country was the subject Ummo, if anyone is curious can track online and draw their own conclusions. I, on the tadpole stage, I was fascinated by those pictures of silver discs with a strange logo on the belly. Then, as so often in this mudillo, the bubble deflated, Ummo passing away and a few years ago, the creators of fraud confessed it was all staged. The usual.
Yes, the pro ufologists still in their heels, one year ago I discovered something of a Carrefour a booklet explaining the ineffable as Ummo JJ Benítez was real as life itself, yes it was partly fraud but there was another part real, that if men in black, that if government plots to discredit, etc, etc. Nothing new under the sun. That
Ummo had been there in my subconscious I discovered it in 2004. That year he published "Umma" by Juan Antonio Fernández Madrigal. From that his name did not say anything (not yet discovered his stories), was a young author, like so many that appear every year. Like any good geek I like to keep up with what is written in the country cf but time and money are an obstacle fucked for that purpose. So you have to do a screen, especially when we are facing a new author, with a leap of faith. And in the case of Madrigal decided to pass. The reason? In my brain, "Umma" became Ummo, and automatically classify the book as it was not: as a further attempt ufologists to deceive timarnos pull our hair, so I went and got the leg to the hock, why now that I've read some of the work of Madrigal burn with desire to face the first brick of the building complex and exciting than is the saga of Vipers of Forms.
It's funny how the head works for us. Umma is also the community of believers to Islam, and one of the first Mesopotamian cities (although it appears as UNMA). In fact, the latter meaning is used as a reference to Madrigal. I, as a degree in history, should have been able to see these connections. For odd, my brain went by peteneras and chose to focus on those dark 70's UFO story. You have to fuck.
But like many things, there is an ill wind that blows no good. "Umma", though written first, is really the third volume in the series, which, by twist of fate, I'm reading in the correct chronological order, so when one of these days I dive into "Umma" I will have completed, so far, the journey of humanity that has been designed Madrigal. So perhaps my subconscious (which is much smarter than me), knew what he was doing ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment