Javier Negrete published a new novel, "Atlantis", and go ahead that I welcome such an event. I love how this guy writes but also Negrete is possibly the author of the best fandomita has found a place on the slippery slope that is the professional edition (well, León Arsenal would be another good example.) He went from being known by four cats freak when accumulated finalists Nova UPC and was his usual home, to fame came on once in Minotaur. Now has its site in another label as Espasa Calpe no longer a good sign and a good example of his ability to adapt to the environment. Has also diversified its array narrative and so do a historical novel that erotic or even a popular book is simply an intelligent exercise of versatility. And if not let's take a look at "Atlantis", apparently a tecnothriller with some esoteric streak, an ecological apocalypse looming and his usual taste for classical antiquity (well, a boat soon and just after having browsed in a shop). Finally, a book sure to be welcomed and that probably is as solvent as the rest of his work. And yet ...
personally miss another Javier Negrete. Ye I finally hooked me with him to read the following cycle of "The Sword of Fire", undoubtedly the best epic fantasy novels (with a nod to the CF, true, but mostly epic fantasy) that was written in our country. It was a great success with the public (so my opinion is not an isolated voice) and that it came at a time when the competition was very tough: Sapkowski, Martin. Gemmell, Rowling, ... I had to choose from in that time, however, many chose to Negrete. And I, I've read all the above, I certify that the Spaniard has little to envy.
course there no end of him. Why a little later, gave birth to a great ucronia of which I shall speak more at length here the other day: "Alexander the Great and the Eagles of Rome", another splendid novel.
So where is the problem? The problem is that two separate titles are sagas and sagas that have been left unfinished. I'm still biting their nails to know how noses just Tramorea adventures set in, and that talk of Alexander and his journey to save the world (although if you've read a UPC you may have a clue). In any case the years pass and the series are inconclusive and that gives me an itch so. Especially if the join similar sensations produced by Martin and Sapkowski (or rather Bibliopolis / Alamut). In short, a sinvivir.
Every time I see coming out Negrte something new I have no illusions, one of the two cycles will end or will continue to excited. And then the disappointment. And yes, it is true that "Lords of Olympus" won the Minotaur, and no author was bitter sweet as a prize. It is also true that "Salamis" is a wonderful historical novel that has allowed it to an audience that never would have bought his other books. And I imagine that writing "The great adventure of the Greeks" was a joy to have a passion for ancient Greece. But, Damn! The geeks also have our sweetheart and our needs. Javier, by God, and just start again with this uncertainty rather than nails I'm starting to eat and the dies!
said this at the earliest opportunity I agency "Atlantis", missing more, which is an incongruous geek and proud.
personally miss another Javier Negrete. Ye I finally hooked me with him to read the following cycle of "The Sword of Fire", undoubtedly the best epic fantasy novels (with a nod to the CF, true, but mostly epic fantasy) that was written in our country. It was a great success with the public (so my opinion is not an isolated voice) and that it came at a time when the competition was very tough: Sapkowski, Martin. Gemmell, Rowling, ... I had to choose from in that time, however, many chose to Negrete. And I, I've read all the above, I certify that the Spaniard has little to envy.
course there no end of him. Why a little later, gave birth to a great ucronia of which I shall speak more at length here the other day: "Alexander the Great and the Eagles of Rome", another splendid novel.
So where is the problem? The problem is that two separate titles are sagas and sagas that have been left unfinished. I'm still biting their nails to know how noses just Tramorea adventures set in, and that talk of Alexander and his journey to save the world (although if you've read a UPC you may have a clue). In any case the years pass and the series are inconclusive and that gives me an itch so. Especially if the join similar sensations produced by Martin and Sapkowski (or rather Bibliopolis / Alamut). In short, a sinvivir.
Every time I see coming out Negrte something new I have no illusions, one of the two cycles will end or will continue to excited. And then the disappointment. And yes, it is true that "Lords of Olympus" won the Minotaur, and no author was bitter sweet as a prize. It is also true that "Salamis" is a wonderful historical novel that has allowed it to an audience that never would have bought his other books. And I imagine that writing "The great adventure of the Greeks" was a joy to have a passion for ancient Greece. But, Damn! The geeks also have our sweetheart and our needs. Javier, by God, and just start again with this uncertainty rather than nails I'm starting to eat and the dies!
said this at the earliest opportunity I agency "Atlantis", missing more, which is an incongruous geek and proud.
0 comments:
Post a Comment