Thursday, May 7, 2009

What's Happened To Cytherea

What ' s I building in there? (Tom Waits)



What is being built there?
What the heck is being built there?
He has subscriptions to those journals
... never listened to them when they

He is hiding something the rest of us
He is all for himself
think I know why
The tree tore the hammock so I
has no children of their own ...
No dog has no friends

your lawn is dying ...
And what about all those packages
sending?
What is building there?
With this portable ladder hung on the building
What's there? I tell you one thing


he is not building a house for children to play
What is building there?
What is that sound that comes under the door?
is sinking nails into a hardwood floor
...
and I swear to God I heard someone moaning
slowly ... and I'm still seeing the blue light
of a television ... He has a router


and a folding table and you will not believe what I saw Mr. Stich
There's poison underneath the sink of course
but there are also enough formaldehyde to choke
a horse
I heard he has a former
-wife at a place called Mayors Income, in Tennesee
and
used to have a consulting business in Indonesia ...
What is building there?
What the heck is being built there?

He has no friends but receives a lot of mail
bet you spent a little time in jail ...

heard who walked through the roof last night signaling with a flashlight

and what is the melody that is whistling?
What is building there?
What the heck is being built there?
We have a right to know ...
(A free translation of Fernando Marquinez)
the album "Mule Variations", 1999.

0 comments:

Post a Comment